Have you ever been driving through a parking lot and had to wait while someone backed into their parking spot? Instead of turning directly into their space, they make several maneuvers, swinging their vehicle into “just” the right position while others are waiting. I’ve noticed that people with trucks and other large vehicles are more likely to do this–usually men. I wonder why? Here are some of my thoughts–you may have more.
- Maybe these people are on the run from the law.
- Maybe these people are employees who want to get out of the parking lot quickly.
- Maybe these people are law enforcement agents.
- Maybe these people are mentally challenged and need extra help.
- Maybe these people just want to be different from everyone else.
- Maybe these people are wondering why everyone doesn’t park this way.
- Maybe these people have poor self-esteem and it makes them feel more important.
- Maybe these people are from France.
Filed under: Cars Tagged: | auto, backing in, bad drivers, Cars, drivers, Driving, france, Men, Parking, parking lot, parking space, Psychology, self-esteem, sociology, Southern California, traffic, trucks, Women