Once again we begin a new year. Each year has the potential to bring new possibilities, hope, and of course–challenges. Challenges can make us stronger if we have the right attitude. What challenges will you face this next year? How will you respond? The way that we respond can make all the difference.
There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet.
William Frederick Halsey, Jr.
Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
Joshua J. Marine
Here are some of the things that I’ve learned about facing challenges:
- Respond to challenges with an attitude of courage and determination.
- Keep fear in check. Don’t let fear paralyze you from taking action.
- Share your challenges with others. Don’t be a lone ranger.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is part of the process of learning and growing.
- Help others along the way.
- Expect the unexpected. As hard as we try to manage and control our lives, there will always be surprises. Be flexible and practice contingency planning.
- Despite the difficulty of your circumstances, remember to count your blessings. Always focus on the positive. Remember, things could be worse.
- No matter what, don’t be a victim because victims have no power. Take action, respond to your challenges–you can always do something.
- Take small steps toward your goal. The tallest mountains are climbed one foothold at a time.
- Don’t procrastinate. Do something now–anything.
- Never lose hope.
- Celebrate your victories.